Thursday, July 5, 2018

Observations Around My House !

Hi Scientists!
Have you been observant around your house? Remember a Scientist must be always observing (looking and thinking about what you see )! You can tell me somethings you observed in the comments or write them down in your Science journal ( any paper will do ) and share them with me when school starts ! Here is some things I saw around my house this week.

I spotted this bird nest in a shrub near the house. I did not want to disturb it but observed the bird took advantage of some litter (plastic bag pieces ) to make the nest .
When I was young , we would put out different pieces of yarn , cotton or the fur brushed out of our dog. Sometimes we would find these things in bird nests spotted near the house .



This is a plant that produced a small seedling 2 months ago. Now it has grown like "Jacks's Beanstalk"  It had began to take over my rose garden when it began to produce white flowers and a green squash . A seed must of been dropped from my trash can nearby! 


This squash plant produces aggressive tendrils. They attach and twist around everything . They even were able to latch on to the bricks!

This week - See what you can observe at our house ! You just got to look !




No comments:

Post a Comment