Thursday, July 12, 2018

Vacation Fun !

Happy July !
I just returned from my vacation and had a great  time in  Isle of Roatan ( Honduras) , Belize and Cozumel You might of guessed we took a cruise ! So I took a few pictures of things I explored to show you .This was our day on Isle of Roatan - a Honduran island situated just off the Central American Peninsula . Do you remember the difference in a peninsula and an island ? 
Here I was in a rain forest park called Mayan Eden .
I got the opportunity to hold and observe this rain forest mammal called a Kinkajou. 
Above right - They use their tails like a 3rd hand . He did not mind being carried like this at all . He was surprisingly heavy and very soft !











 Of course they had the spider
 monkeys too that
 lived in the tall trees They
 would just jump on your
 shoulders ! ..  My husband 
was not so happy to have
 them jump on him! 

We saw this beautiful butterfly that uses the adaptation of mimicry for protection .
do you see how it looks like an owl's eyes ? 
This is the other side of the same butterfly ! When the butterfly is perched on a flower and closes its wings, the owl eyes are visible ! Nature is so very cool ! 
Check back and  I will show you what we did in Belize ! 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment