Thursday, June 14, 2012

Library Fun


Katie Lynn got a very interesting book!
She is going to be so smart next year!


I just went to the library! Wow they have some really cool books there! Of course I like the animal books best but I also saw some exciting books on hurricanes and volcanoes! I even saw some animal riddles book! I looked at the events calendar while I was there and realized there is a lot of neat things going on during the week for you. My library- the Barbara Bush Branch may be a little far for you but there is 2 libraries within 5 miles of the school for you!
I looked at the events at these libraries and was disappointed I did not look earlier! I missed an event at both of these libraries, I would of loved to of attended. It was called Texas Snakes and More and you get to touch them. Isn't that cool! I so want to do that!
I will be looking at the calendars at the libraries around me for more fun activities. I have given you the links to the two libraries near the school. They have story times for your little brothers and sisters as well as game times and crafts for you.Check out the calendars and tell mom you want to go get a library card and take home a bunch of books! Cards are free!

Check out the websites for directions and event calendars!


http://www.hcpl.net/location/fairbanks-branch-library

http://www.houstonlibrary.org/collier-regional-library

4 comments:

  1. I looked at the calener and we are going to butterfly crafts next week. I will get books too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Mary,
    I am glad you got to go to the library. Did you get some good books? The butterfly crafts sounds fun, Let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Lucadou,
    I agree. The library is a great place to get books and they have fun activities.
    Don't forget, we also have "The Reading Express". It's at Eiland every Monday morning at 8:45. They always have a storytime and they usually have a craft or activity. Somtimes we have a guest reader from Eiland. I was there last week and Mr. Hattrup read a hilarious book about flies.
    So, go to the library or go to the bus, just KEEP READING!!
    Mrs. Petrie

    ReplyDelete