Monday, May 28, 2012

A Nature Walk

I had a great day of hiking in the George Mitchell Nature Preserve in the Woodlands!
We saw lots of ecosystems! Remember- an ecosystem is an environment where plants and animals live together and help each other.
This was the trail.                     

These were lily pads on a pond.
Look at the pictures I took and let me know if you can think of some animals and plants that work together in these habitats.

This is a great place for families to enjoy a free nature walk. For directions and information, see the website below.
http://www.thewoodlandstx.com/parks/george-mitchell-nature-preserve.php

Don't forget the sunscreen and water! Happy Exploring!

2 comments:

  1. Frogs live in the ponds with the Lilly pads and lizards and birds live in the forest up in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! Sometimes I wish I was a lizard! It would be fun to climb so fast!

      Delete